Monday, October 19, 2009

SLC has a new blog!


I have added a new blog in hopes that if you haven't stopped by Facebook or looked at your emails, you will still be able to find out what's happening through this medium.

As everyone knows, we are still in a recession and times are tough. But with that said we still want to be able to celebrate the holidays or other special events in our lives. Traditionally this has been done through gift giving. A time honored tradition, but one that this year may be a struggle to do. I know exactly how everyone feels, as I have had to rethink my gift giving this year also. That is why I think it is so important to still find "the gift" but at "the price" that is in the budget you have set for this year.
I have found several items this year that I think fit the bill. Do you have a secret pal at work or church? I have some great items that would be great as a gift basket of goodies. A pocket calender, refrigerator magnetic calender, cork coasters, and great Christmas cards. Put all of that in a basket or gift bag and you have a great gift for under $20.00!
Have a family member that you are not real sure what to buy for?? How about an electric warmer? Everyone would like to have their home say "Welcome!". Once again you can spend as little as $10.00 or a much as $18.00, either way you will have a great gift that they will enjoy all year for less than $20.00.
Do they already have a warmer? Well take my word for it, they will love to have melts for it! Help them out by getting them stocked up for next year.

I hope that these ideas have helped you in planning for your Christmas shopping!

Lisa ~ Southern Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment